Friday, October 23, 2009

October News

OK, so I am a little behind with posting to my blog, but better late than never. October has been full of birthday parties, fall break and Halloween surprises. October has become one of my favorite times of the year. My other favorite day has to be the day after Thanksgiving because I love the shopping mayhem. I know I'm crazy!

The kids started the month off with a field trip to Jackson's Orchard where they learned about apple cider. After a short movie, the kids enjoyed a refreshing cup of apple slush. Don't be deceived, there was really only a quarter of a cup of juice and the rest really was slush. The kids were hot from sliding down the nice slides and very ready for a refreshment. The slush's didn't exactly go as planned. Overall, I think the kids really enjoyed the break away from school. It was fun seeing Evan and Elizabeth interact with their classmates.






Fall Break was October 5-13th, and I think most of Bowling Green was heading to Destin, FL. Paul was scheduled to take his Oral Boards exam during that week, so we did not schedule a family vacation. Instead, we went to the Louisville Zoo, Chuck E Cheese and Imagination Station. It was a great week! Thankfully, the kids were ready to go back to school, and I was ready to send them.









No comments: